1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help: Violin bass (beatle bass) needs new bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by K2000, Jul 18, 2007.

1. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I have a 60's Japanese "Firstman Baroque" bass. It came with a replacement bridge ("tailpiece") already installed. Well, the replacement bridge broke on me... a part on the piece that anchors the bridge to the body snapped. See pic: the metal bridge tailpiece is obviously a replacement to begin with.

I've looked around a bit on the internet, and it's very hard to find any info about Firstman basses anywhere. So I am willing to use any available bridge piece. I just don't know where to look for one. Help? Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    On the left, a pic of another Firstman Baroque that I found on the web. On the right is my bass. You can see that 'my' bridge appears to be a replacement.

[​IMG]

The clip that anchors the bridge to the body snapped (bottom of the "U" shape). By the way, the metal bridge ("bar" shape) was starting to rip by the the E string, so the entire bridge should be replaced.

These are not very specific pics, I know. If a close-up photo of the bridge piece is helpful, let me know and I will post one.

3. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    There's a guy who sells new Hofner style bass bridges and trapeze tail pieces on ebay for about $30 each.