1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help W/ board set-up

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by J.T, Jul 26, 2005.

1. J.T

J.T

Mar 9, 2005
    Tulsa, Ok
    ENDORSING ARTIST: TOBIAS BASSES
    Hey TB!

Here is waht I have, and I am curious how people more experienced w/ effects would set this up for the best possible sound.

guitars (carvin lb75 & tobias growler5) into....

105Q wah, TU-2, sbddi, boss bass chorus, boss bass overdrive, DD-3...

this goes into an bbe bmax-t to a qsc plx1602, to an 810.

any suggestions?

Thanks!

JT

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I run my preamp pedal at the end of the chain to boost the signal to the amp. My preamp, a Sadowsky, has a separate tuner out, so I isolate the tuner from my chain. I would recommend keeping the SABDDI as the last item in the chain, running a line from it to the amp, and one to the tuner. All other pedals to run in front of it.

That's pretty much how I have it set and it works for me. I've only used a pedal board for just over a year after 30+ years of playing.

Good luck

3. J.T

J.T

Mar 9, 2005
    Tulsa, Ok
    ENDORSING ARTIST: TOBIAS BASSES
    Thanks!

Thats pretty much the way I run it now, other than the tuner is in the chain. I run my guitar into the tu-2, then into everything else. I will try isolating the tuner and see what happens.

Also, a lot of you are using loops......why is this....as opposed to just running a chain and using whatever effect at the time you need it??

Thanks