Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help W/ board set-up

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by J.T, Jul 26, 2005.

1. J.T

J.T

Mar 9, 2005
    Tulsa, Ok
    ENDORSING ARTIST: TOBIAS BASSES
    Hey TB!

Here is waht I have, and I am curious how people more experienced w/ effects would set this up for the best possible sound.

guitars (carvin lb75 & tobias growler5) into....

105Q wah, TU-2, sbddi, boss bass chorus, boss bass overdrive, DD-3...

this goes into an bbe bmax-t to a qsc plx1602, to an 810.

any suggestions?

Thanks!

JT

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I run my preamp pedal at the end of the chain to boost the signal to the amp. My preamp, a Sadowsky, has a separate tuner out, so I isolate the tuner from my chain. I would recommend keeping the SABDDI as the last item in the chain, running a line from it to the amp, and one to the tuner. All other pedals to run in front of it.

That's pretty much how I have it set and it works for me. I've only used a pedal board for just over a year after 30+ years of playing.

Good luck

3. J.T

J.T

Mar 9, 2005
    Tulsa, Ok
    ENDORSING ARTIST: TOBIAS BASSES
    Thanks!

Thats pretty much the way I run it now, other than the tuner is in the chain. I run my guitar into the tu-2, then into everything else. I will try isolating the tuner and see what happens.

Also, a lot of you are using loops......why is this....as opposed to just running a chain and using whatever effect at the time you need it??

Thanks