1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help w/finding a Blend control + series-parallel loops. Ideas and info wanted!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ModulusAcacia, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Commercial User

Mar 22, 2000
    Middletown/Cincy, OH WHO-DEY!
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair, Guitar tech for Walk the Moon
    Ok I'm re-doing my board and need some pointers. There are a few requirements
    Must haves:
    -a clean sound going to the amp at all times
    -a master on/off for all effects in the chain
    -2 effects loops that can be run in series or parallel when both engaged, and it'd be cool if the series/parallel was footswitch activated.

Pic of what I'm thinking (more below my bad picture):
    43b24db2e87133779c58f228be9e68ff.

I'm thinking I'll need a blender like an Xotic Xblend or the Radial Bigshot Mix to start with, then possibly getting a company such as Loooper, or my hometown buddy Jim at R3FX (Loop-master already said they won't do the series/parallel deal) to make the looper pedal w/the series parallel in it. Throwing a wrench into my thinking is the Wounded Paw Blender V3. I can't find a manual online, but would it do everything I'm looking to do all in one pedal? I'm trying to keep it as simple, low cost, and least space eating on my board as possible. Any help is always appreciated!

2. ma4rk

ma4rk

Jun 28, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
  3. enjoi1018

enjoi1018 Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Auburn, AL
    I think your series/parallel issue might be more difficult than it sounds (thinking aloud). You could have a custom loop strip made that has a master bypass and a master blend knob. That would work wonders.

I have a looper with master bypass switch, and I'm building two channel mixer with knobs big enough for footsmanship that will have one volume knob for clean and one for the effected signal. I am excite.

4. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Commercial User

Mar 22, 2000
    Middletown/Cincy, OH WHO-DEY!
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair, Guitar tech for Walk the Moon
    I'm thinking you may be right. I've talked briefly with Jim at R3FX (btw, he's frigging awesome and everybody should check his stuff out at www.R3FX.com) and he said it would take some buffering to make it happen. The Wounded Paw V3 seems to do everything I want it to do (including giving me the master clean tone), but the series/parallel is a standard switch not footswitchable. So really I may just be anal retentive at this point. Regardless, good luck with your looper! :)

5. odineye

odineye Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Bear DE
    An option I've been contemplating for my Wounded Paw Super Blender is finding a tip, like you might find on a pickup selector switch, that fits and epoxying it to the B-C switch. That way I could flip it with my toe and not have to bend over to switch it.

You may want to contact this guy as well. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Make-Sounds-Loudly-Pedals/175786465767789?fref=ts He seems to be able to put together anything one can dream up. I've got a 3 in 1 fuzz that he built that is off the hook.