Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP w/ Sansamp BDDI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by punchybass, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Hello once again! I recently purchased a Sansamp BDDI and today I finally went to connect it to my Ashdown Mag300. I made the connections, turned the volume up on my 1980 Fender P, held my breath, hit the E string and...silence. :confused:
    I have been playing for several years, but believe it or not it is the first effect or preamp I've ever tried to use. I'm just a receational, bedroom player that is starting to get into it quite a bit.
    Can someone PLEASE walk me through the connections in the simplest of terms. I thought it would be best to use it as a preamp.

Thanks!

2. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    First does it have power? A battery or wall wart?

Plug the bass into the Input of the SansAmp with an instrument cable.
    With another instrument cable plug the Output of the SansAmp into the input of your amp.
    The two cables should be at opposite ends of the SansAmp.

Hit the footswitch and the LED should come on. If the LED does not come on, it either doesn't work or the battery is dead.

3. Well, I was happy to see that someone responded to quickly, but even more disappointed to see that I had it connected properly. My bass is plugged into the Input of the Sansamp and the Sansamp Output is connected to the Ashdown Instrument Input. Nothing!! I also have a brand new 9v and the LED lights up when I turn it on.

I'm starting to think I was ripped off.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    ok, so sounds like your connections are ok.
    You do have the volume up on the sansamp, correct?
    Have you tried some of the sample settings and still nothing?
    If so, then apart from trying a different cable I'm not sure what to suggest

5. I can't believe it!!! Good call David!!!! I have been playing around with this for hours and I never once thought that a cable could be bad. I'm a little embarassed now but THANKS for your common sense.

6. Have you verified that both cables are working?

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    no problem. It was a longshot but worth trying. I've been in the same situation myself, I'm sure we all have at some point

8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    We have - you aren't alone, punchy! Sometimes the simplest solution is also the most overlooked. :D

9. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    9/10 times if something doesnt work the way it should, its the cable :)