Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help w/ Scales & Chords

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Big Ce, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Greetings :D

I have been playing since this past October 04. I took almost 17 years off. I need some help with scales and chords. I'd like to know where I can find a "free" source for scales and bass chords.

I have a decent natural since of time and I think that with better knowledge and help scales and chords, I know that will help me with playing almost anything I hear and achieving my goal sitting in with just about anyone.

What I need is something that is easy to follow, I would like something that has both the music note as well as TAB.

Any help or suggestions would be awesome. This is a great site looking forward to hearing from anyone who can help. :help:

Gear: Marcus Miller Fender Jazz
    Tune Bass TWB53 5 String
    Roland Cube 100

Peace
    Big Ce :bassist:

2. paz

paz Banned

Jun 26, 2001
    Seaton, Devon, England
  3. Paz,

Thanks for the info.

Big Ce

4. scorching5strin

scorching5strin

Jun 5, 2004
    There aren't any real free sources of scales and chords for bass that I find to be helpful so there's two things you can do. The first is drop around 40 bucks and buy the first two books in the Chuck Rainey bass method series. The second is take a lesson or two in music theory and apply that basic knowledge to your playing.