1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help. Want to listen to board thru headphones...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rickenmonster, Jun 21, 2014.

1. ...what do I need? Will a little headphone amp do it? If so, my board is just 1ch so will I just get it thru one ear?

2. Some boards have a headphone jack, if it does no need for an amp. If it doesn't, generally you'll need one or the sound will be too quiet, as was the case when I was using a Presonus interface board.
    1 channel or not, you get sound to both ears. If you have a Pan knob for your inputs then you can have sound more towards either side for each, of course.

3. Thanks for the input BioWeapon; I'm sorry I should have stated that I'm trying to grab the output from my FX pedal board before it goes to my amp. I want to listen to my pedalboard thru headphones but I need something at the end of my chain to plug the phones into (3LeafEnabler has a jack but I don't own one). I'm looking for an economical device to plug my phones into.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
  5. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
  6. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Same here. Nice board, have had it for ages and use it for headphone practice all the time (along with recording).

Recently I've been using a Zoom B1on. About the same price point for the OP and has different advantages.

Never heard of the EHX headphone amp, looks like a great no-frills option if it sounds good.

7. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    Another vote for the ehx headphone amp