1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help wanted on a P bass with a 60th anniversary logo...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andergtr, Mar 20, 2009.

1. andergtr

andergtr

Nov 15, 2005
    manhattan, NY
    i bought a bass on ebay which has a transparent SATIN red finish. the neck says that it's american-made, but the body doesn't look like an american-made body.

i took the pickguard off, but that didn't help me much at all. pots are CTS, but i can't really make heads or tails out of it.

i've done a search on this board, and it looks like there were several P basses that this might be (assuming i didn't get a parts bass):

1. american 60th anniversary precision

2. mexican 60th anniversary precision

3. american standard precision

if it helps, the serial number is Z6014514, and i've e-mailed fender with no response.

the anniversary logo is ONLY on the back of the headstock, not on the front.

any idea what i really have?

thanks.

john ou

2. andergtr

andergtr

Nov 15, 2005
    manhattan, NY
    hey guys...fender just e-mailed me back (great response time from them). turns out it's a highway one.

thanks.

john ou

3. Pics? The serial number says it's an '06 MIA. Does it have string through ferrules?

Edit: Okay, never mind then.