Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP, we're playing at Cape Canaveral

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RichBriere, Apr 9, 2003.

1. RichBriere

RichBriere Guest

Jan 1, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Greetings Folks,

The Katherine Aelias Band is traveling from NY to Florida to play at the launch party for the Mars Rover in June. We're expecting 15,000 people, on the beach, and need a Sound System for the ocassion. Do any of YOU happen to know a RELIABLE rental outfit down there? Did I mention, RELIABLE?

Thanks,
    Rich Briere
    www.richbriere.com
    www.katherineaeliasband.com

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    You mean NASA lacks the proper sound works?

Peh...

3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Contact Al Rose (Alrose@cfl.rr.com) of Heatstroke Productions. I think he's in Titusville.

4. RichBriere

RichBriere Guest

Jan 1, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Thanks Bob............We're doing this gig on OUR dime and paying all of our own expenses. We're playing it to do our part in support of the Space Mission. If any of you manufacturers or stores would like to do your part, ($$$--not much, but every little bit helps) we'll gladly get you as much press as possible. (The press covereage should be considerable.) We feel that it's time to get everyone's attention OFF of the nasty things that missles are capable of......and back on the GOOD things that they can do. :^>)

RB

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Rich -

Let me know if you need any help at all, I'm just around the corner from KSC (Orlando).

Oh, and you MUST stop by work for a visit while you're here, you will be less than an hour from Bass Central!

I can recommend a couple of sound companies in the Orlando area, if you can't find someone on the Space Coast:

Downtown Sound: 407-297-7445
    Magic Audio: 407-649-6402

6. RichBriere

RichBriere Guest

Jan 1, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Gard.....thanks for your invitation. In turn, I hope that you might consider being my guest at the launch. Mike Tobias says wonderful things about you guys and we could certainly use a "guide" who knows the area. :)

Rich Briere
    www.richbriere.com
    www.katherineaeliasband.com

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!! Let me know when you're going to be down here, and I'm there my friend! :D Always dig being over on the coast for a launch.

I don't really know the Titusville/KSC area THAT well, but if you want to hang in Orlando, mi casa es su casa, mi amigo!