HELP!! who is the bass player

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by TELEBOY, Dec 6, 2002.

Nov 21, 2002
    hi all
    i recently got back into bass and came across a cassette tape i had made of some of my jazz albums in the 70s. i hadnt played it in about 15 years and as i listened i heard songs from the first jazz album i bought back in around 1975 i think.its called GIANTS OF THE ORGAN LIVE IN CONCERT by JIMMY MCGRIFF AND GROOVE HOLMS. I remember it was a double album.buying it at a woolworth store in a bargain bin, getting it home , playing it and being just totally blown away by the bass lines i was hearing.awesome.!!!! by any miracle does anyone out there know who the bass player was as i dont have the album any more.
  2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member used to list all the personnel on Cds at their web site. It was a wonderful and informative service. So I checked CDNow to see if they did list the bassist for you IF they had the record you mention.

To my amazement, is now part of the mega-giant (If you can't beat 'em, join 'em) and no longer provides the musician listings of rits CDs. :(
  3. You can get to the old site by going to
    I sent Amazon a hate mail because my rather large "wish list" was gone. They gave me that link and said I could get my wish list there.

Don't know how long it will last.
  4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Many thanks for the link. I'm checking it out. How can I e-mail Amazon? I am angry with them for not having soundclips for many or the CDs they sell now. AudioSlave is number seven on the Billboard chart but yet, Amazon won't cough up even one soundclip. They used to have a few for every CD.

Even worse, they've stopped soundclips on much of the Latino music, much electronica and even some Christmas Cds. It burns my biscuits, because I rely on those soundclips to decide if I want to buy a CD.

Nov 21, 2002
    my thanks to all. i actually found it at listed as BEST OF THE JAZZ ORGANS.
  6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Thanks for the link, Gruff. I have mailed my e-mail. At the end, just when you click "Send" they post an annoucement that "Your e-mail will not be answered." I hope that doesn't mean "...And won't be read either, dork!" :D
  7. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

if you send about 200 of them, they will be :D
  8. Yeah send one every day, they will reply, or maybe their lawyers will.

You probally will get some sort of response, I always do.