1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP Wiring : 3 jazz pups - How to???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JerryH, Mar 19, 2009.

1. JerryH

JerryH

Dec 13, 1999
    Helsinki, Finland
    Hello

I hope this has not been asked too frequently nor lately.

I would like to experiment a bit a following wiring, but I don't have an idea how to. I have three (3) jazz (single coil) pups. I would like to have one on neck position and two on bridge. The bridge pups should be possible to be switched as singles - series - parallel. All of the pups should have their own pots at least when in singles mode. Just one tone pot is needed.

Does anyone have a circuit to share.

Many thanks, JerryH

2. I think some warwicks have than setup, maybe check out the site or somthing?

3. JerryH

JerryH

Dec 13, 1999
    Helsinki, Finland
    Thanks Tom

I could not find any passive circuit from Warwicks. Also to me the Warwick circuits are quite special.

I just want to use pots, caps and switches as simple as possible.

- JerryH -

4. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    One master vol pot and a master tone is all you need (in terms of pots) unless you want to throw in a balance pot [neck / bridge pickup(s)]

3pos switch for the coil selection of the two bridge pickups, then combine the output with the neck pickup, either in a 3pos switch again, or with a balance pot

Unfortunately, while I own such pickup configurations, I don't have the drawings to help you. Sorry :(

5. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Might see if Lakland or Music Man have diagrams available on their web sites. Seems to me the newly popular J+MM configuration is similar to 3 Js, except in that case the 2 bridge coils are in the same housing.