1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with 12 bar blues E

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Admiral Axtell, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Alright so I am playin' a blues jam at the place where I take lessons and It's just going to be 12 bar blues which I can do from any chord except for E... I know where the thirds and fifths are from the 1 chord, but I don't even know what the 4 chord is when the 1 chord is E.... or it's thirds or fifths... Any help is appreciated if anyone knows what I'm talking about... I'm not sure how well that I explained this. Thanks.

2. 12-bar blues is typically I-IV-V, so the IV of E is A, and the V is B. Thus, it is E-A-B.

3. I - E - E G# B
    IV - A - A C# E
    V - B - B D# F#

4. IV - A
    3rd - C#
    5th - E

5. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    You mean the 4 chord being A and the 5 chord being B? Just think 4 chord is the same fret string below and the 5 chord is just a 5th. String down, 2 frets over. I hope that's what you were asking. Then after working with the root note of the new chord and some 5ths, 3rds 7ths etc just play with the blues scale in E. I could have answered the wrong question but I got that question from what you wrote.

6. Answered perfectly and thanks for all those cool little tips, thanks to everyone who answered as well and so fast too, I got it figured out.