Help with 2 amp setup plus FX

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mav, Aug 17, 2016.

1. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm in a bass and drum duo ala, DA1979 and Royal Blood, I'm adding a second bass amp and plan on splitting the fx for a massive sound.
    I have a Boss LS-2 to split the signal.
    FX are,
    Fuzz x2
    OD x2
    pitch shifter
    octave
    freeze
    DL4
    My original idea was to send two lines from my DL4 to two amps and have one half stereo ping ponging a delay.
    Now I'm thinking fuzz and OD's through both amps and the pitch shifter octave freeze and DL4 only going to one amp.
    Any ideas/ recommendations about how to set it up would be much appreciated.

2. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    I use a RML 1 In 4 out for a dual amp set up.

I set the effects I want to each input of the RML using a splitter. Never use stereo. Curious to see others responses

Watch for ground loops, I use an EBX hum eliminator and that works.

3. Fuzzonaut

Fuzzonaut

Aug 27, 2013
    Switzerland
    I was running 2 amps for a while, now I'm up to 3. :)

To sound like two instruments totally synced, I propose to have different flavors of dirt on the 2 amps.
    Of course it's also cool to have some dirt on both amps, but as you have 2 OD and 2 fuzzes, how about putting 2 of those after the split, on one amp each, and the other 2 in front of the split.

The other pedals, pitch shifter, octave, freeze, DL4 could go before or after the split but my suggestion (to start with) is:

Bass --> Octave --> OD1 --> Fuzz1 --> LS2 split:
    --> OD2 --> pitch shifter --> DL4 --> Amp 1
    ---> Fuzz2 --> Freeze --> Amp 2

4. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    I just did a bit of research and bought a radial bigshot a ABY box

5. Sunset Shalom

Sunset Shalom

May 9, 2016
    I only use two amps with guitar as 1 of my amps is a guitar tube amp I am afraid to play bass through much. But my rig is as simple as can be, all my pedals are run into a wah into my Boss ME-50 which has a stereo out that I use to send the signal to both my amps. I like it this way becouse I can use all my pedals on guitar or bass with minimal adjustment (I just have to make sure my guitar amp is off or turned down for bass) Also all my pedals are running into my stereo FX.

I will have to try setting it up so I can do some stereo stuff on bass using my PA instead of guitar amp :thumbsup:

6. I'd reccommend a different line selector type pedal with phase correction. For example the bassist for royal blood uses a Palmer triage to split his signal to three amps and then uses a tuner to mute the bass part of the sound instead of hitting the switches on the Palmer. Radial makes some pedals that are cheaper and work nicely also.

I sort of do the multi role thing by using my digitech jamman as a foot controlled sampler with its own DI so it's not in my bass signal chain at all. All the non bass parts (additional guitar, keyboards ect.) are sampled to the jammans memory and played from the memory. I like this because the royal blood doubling thing gets monotonous to me.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2022