1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help with 5 to 1, Doors.

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by ric1312, May 8, 2006.

1. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    When you first listen to it this song seems deceptively simple, but once you add in all the stops, the stucture makes you have to remember a lot more.

Anyways, I have the main part, but when it gets to the...

"Your ball room days are over baby......" part I'm trying to find out the note of the slide. (is it a slide up or down the kneck)

the tab I have says.

35--9 on the A string, with not mention of a slide, but I'm assuming thats it. I think it's wrong or I'm not reading it right. Because 35 slide to 9 on a sounds wrong.

The stop inbetween is 3-5 on the E string.

Could someone tab out this part with the slide and write in the words how they are spaced in between for me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

that is where it stops and where it slides and how it's related to the words.

I'm also the singer and have to sing it at the same time.

Originally I was just going to fudge it and just do 3-5 on the E string and sing the lines in between that. But after hearing the slide, it sounds to good to butcher it like that.

I'm new to bass and me ear isn't good enough to pick out the notes myself yet, and I have to concentrate on singing at the same time.

So, far I'm sounding pretty good on this song, but this one part is fing it up. This is one of my favorite songs and I really want to do it justice.