Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with a band logo

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ARA punk, Jun 23, 2003.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Hey guys. One of my bands is wanting to start printing small batches of t-shirts. We're all incredibly inexperienced with photoshop etc. so if anyone has any designs laying around or get some free time to put something together for me i'd appreciate it.

Bands name is Tehilim and we want sorta a mystical/religious theme. whatever you come up with would be appreciated. thanks.

2. Well, put some ideas into a logo, put the name in cool lettering, and a sweet background and....uh.....geez, I dunno. Just get some ideas, and go from there.

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Let me see what I can do...

4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I figured the lighter colors would help make it more religious/mythical.

[​IMG]

I'll play with it more later, if you want. I'd like to do a an outline for the text with maybe a darker shade of blue or an off-white.

5. im certified in creating evil logos. = )

sorry.

6. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    So whats it mean?

Because I'm wired funny I tried looking up the word...No Dice?

:confused:

7. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    lemme see what you can do then.

8. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    S-P, Tehilim means Psalms. lol, i can't remember what language it comes from but i do know it means Psalms. (which means Song in case anyone didn't know)

oh, and by the way... I should have the Chinese Midget song for you pretty soon :p :bassist:

9. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    LOL!!

Can't wait...

10. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Thats pretty sweet Flyod. We'll take a look at that one when everyone is back in town.

11. not much to it, but so was it to the others:)
    [​IMG]

12. or heres a softer aspect on the whole thing...
    [​IMG]

13. bump?

14. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Floyd has the coolest so far.

You might consider something a friend and I did as a joke if you are going for a mythic/religious vibe. Around the time we did this it was very common for certain acts, especially rappers, to have guys that stood on the stage like bodyguards, for no apparent purpose. I had a pair of friends that were freshly returned from boot camp. Marine reservists with the look-at-my-scalp-hairdos. We dressed them up in sheets like the Hare Krishnas at the airport and had them sell the CD's at the gig. They had a few of the more gullible types convinced that they were forming a cult, based on our music.

When you consider the subject matter of our originals at the time, a cult would be pretty darn unlikely.

15. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Since you PMed me telling me you just wanted text, I came up with this:

[​IMG]