1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with a head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass_masta16, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Ok, so I was thinking about purchasing a Avatar B410 Neo, and then I was thinking about getting a Markbass Little Mark II.

I was just wondering if this would be TO underpowering.. I would also use a Hartke 410 Transporter to stack, so it would be 4 ohms with the two cabs, and the LM II is 500w at 4ohms correct? So I wouldn't think it would be to underpowering, but what do you think?

And just as a side note..

Thats the difference between a normal output jack (1/4" maybe? I don't really know) and a "speakon" output jack?

2. Well I'll leave the underpowering to somebody a bit more in the know.

But the speakon connection, from my understanding, is an input that is about the diameter of a coin. It's plastic and has a smaller circle on the inside of the outer ring, you'll see it if you look at the back of many amp heads.

It's just a different type of conenction, if I understand correctly, although some say they are better than the 1/4"

Hope i helped in some way,

Dave.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    500 watts into 4 ohms will be enough power to drive those cabinets into audible distortion if you use a lot of bass boost, so no, it's not underpowering. It'll be as loud as any sane person could stand.

No difference between the speakon or 1/4" speaker outputs in most amps except in the type of connector. In a few amps the speakons are wired in a different way for a special application, like the GK horn management system. I don't think the Markbass has anything unusual though. Speakon enthusiasts like them for providing a secure connection and for their ability to handle higher currents than the 1/4". I'd go with the Speakons if you can, but I've often driven a pair of cabinets with a 1000 watt amp at pretty high volume with no appreciable degradation in sound using 1x4" connectors.