1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reika2, May 17, 2011.

1. Im looking for a new bass guitar and id like some help from people with more knowledge about it then me.

My main style to play in is Jrock, Visual Kei etc. But I play in a metal band. Id like a good solid 5-string bass who can handle jazz/slap 'n pop/metal all well. I dig big basses with medium to big sized frets. I really like the Lakland Skyline 55-01 and Fender Precision Bass V. I like natural finish, black white or blue(-white). And my budget is a 1400 euro max. Problem is I dont have a lot of choice since I live in Holland now. Some one can help me or give some ideas? Thanks a lot in advance.

2. Mikebass6

Mikebass6

Apr 25, 2007
    Seattle
    You can get any of the basses you mentioned in your post for that kind of money. A lot of places will ship to Holland, so I'd say that your options are wide open. Lakland makes really great basses that are versatile enough for your needs, but of course that's just an opinion! Good luck with the search...