Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with a serial number on a Washburn XB-120 Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slapnuts, Aug 11, 2005.

1. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    Quick question. :help: I have an old Washburn xb120 bass :bassist: with no serial number. I got it from a pawnshop, and that is all I know about it.

Can anyone possibly tell me how to figure out any info at all. :confused:

Thanks.

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Email Washburn and ask them. I have no serial number on my Washburn Status 1000, so I emailled and asked, and the guy who responded was helpful, but couldn't give me a year until I supplied a couple of pix, so you might want to send off some with your enquiry showing detail, eg control layout, headstock shape etc that may help identify it.

3. +1 Always go to the source. Most reliable answers there.

4. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    Thankks a lot, Guys. :bassist: :)

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Crazy that they wouldn't have serial numbers... harder to claim when/if stolen/damaged

6. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    My Peavey Grind NTB has no serial either, and no place it could have possibly been removed/filed off from.

I'm always looking for info on the Grinds, but since they're made in Vietnam by a factory that Peavey only recently became affiliated with, there's little info. I don't know anything about mine except that it's of exceptional quality.