Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help with a tough desicion?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by old_skool, Jan 2, 2002.

1. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    A friend of mine got $250 worth of gift certificates from the local music store in my hometown for Christmas and he was planning on buying a cheap jazz bass with this money. The store has one squier jazz bass for $266 it looks just like the one I bought a month or so back and he was wondering if I wanted to trade the gift certificates for my bass. I got a good deal on my bass. I got mine for $250 plus a strap, straplocks, and a gigbag. Keep in mind he only wants the bass so I would still have the strap, straplocks and bag. I feel id be helping him out a lot. Besides the extra $16 (plus tax) he has a really crappy squier p-bass that sounds god-awful. The jazz sounds good and plays very well for being squier. The cosmetic condition of her is the exact same as the day I bought her. I really don’t need the squier seeing as I have a fender 5 string active jazz bass and I have thought about selling the squier in the past. So do I sell the bass to my friend for the exact price I paid for it and get a strap, straplocks, and gig bag for free and use the certificate towards a new bass or just keep the bass I own and let him get the one at the music shop? if all else fail i could just go to the store and talk them down to $250 on the one i have in stock right? ahh so confused...help?

2. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    If you feel bad about getting a bag and some straplocks for free, why not just give him the bag and stuff. Your still getting a good deal for that bass.

3. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    he doesnt really want the locks or strap. one of the main things thats keeps me from selling it is that he treats his basses like crap. hes thrown his old one on more than one account.