1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! with a Vol-tone-vol-tone passive set-up!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassman74, Oct 22, 2009.

1. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    Hi guys,

a few years ago i had a bass with 2 pickups and passive control. I had a volume and a tone knob for each pickup.

This set up was amazingly versatile .... I sold the bass to finance the purchase of an high end bass. Now i miss my old bass. I need to do this set up again but i don't have any wiring diagram for it, i remember that the luthier who did it used fender '62 jazz bass diagram as a start but i just found out that he retired...

can somebody help me?

Thanks

Francois

2. Ok, I'm a little confused here.

You said you are looking for a diagram, but then you have it posted right there.

3. bassman74

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    the diagram i've post is for stacked pots, i was wandering if it can be used with standard pots or i need something different

4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Well, yes you can. One gang of each of the stacked pots is the volume control, and one is the tone control. Just wire it up the same way using two individual pots for each PUP.

John

5. Yep.

A stacked pot is two regular pots stacked on top of each other with a special concentric shaft.
    All you need to do is think of the two "layers" as separate pots.

6. bassman74

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    thank you very much guys