Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with a warranty issue

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by flexo, Aug 4, 2005.

1. flexo

flexo

May 3, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Hey,

I have an OLP MM2 which i bought 1 year and about 6 days ago and the bass has a warped neck. I took it back to the place i bought it from yesterday and they confirmed the warped neck (and its pretty warped too) and that they'd see what they could do.
    Well i just got a call from them and apparently they begged and pleaded with OLP but they can't do anything about it (since its just out of warranty), other than have a look to see if they can repair it. Can a warped neck even be fixed properly? Will it have more problems down the track?

The ****ty thing is that i had had a feeling it was warped for a while but i wasnt sure and so only brought it in 6 days after my warranty expired (not realising that my warranty was over).
    Now i have bought this bass, two guitars and a v-amp2 from this same store in the past and have spent over $AU2000 there in the last year and half.
    I'm disappointed that i won't be able to get a replacement bass (or at least a new neck), and i'm just wondering what you guys think i should do? Do i have a case?

2. flexo

flexo

May 3, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    I can see what you're saying Joshua but the reason i'm a little annoyed is that i'm a student (aka a poor arse!) and to them giving me even a replacement neck would be a drop in the ocean but for me it means i won't have a bass since i can't afford a replacement. My rationale is that for the sake of keeping a customer that has bought through them exclusively for the past year and a half (and spent a fair amount of money) they could maybe do a little more. I'm not expecting them to move mountains for me but i was kinda hoping the outcome would be better.

3. flexo

flexo

May 3, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Oh yeah, i'm not getting annoyed at you Joshua, i'm just kinda bummed cos i just got an awesome score on a head and 4x10 box and now i have nothing to play through it! :bawl:

I'm still waiting on further word from their repair guy so hopefully its good. I wonder if OLP (or the Australian distributor) would be likely to send a replacement neck, and how much i could get it for?

Also, as a last hope, would i be out of line asking for the store to write up a "fake" receipt with a different purchase date on it for me, so OLP would just send them a replacement? That way it wouldn't come out of the store's pocket right? The original receipt i got was just a written one, it wasn't printed or anything like that so it would be possible, it would just come down to whether they want to do it or not.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Yeah, right. Do you really think a dealer would do such an act of fraud regarding a cheapie bass and risk its relationship with the manufacturer for ALL future sales?

T'aint gunna happen there, chico.

5. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    first step=burn olp bass
    second step= get job
    third step=buy a mim p-bass
    fourth step=dont look back.