Help with Ampeg SVT 400T?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigchance, Jun 16, 2005.

1. bigchance

Jun 16, 2005
    I just bought an ampeg svt 400t on ebay and I need to get it to run 400 watts at 8 ohms. It has a crazy output section that I don't understand. It uses 1/4 inch outputs and it also has banana plug outputs. It says 400 watts @ 8 ohms and points to the 2 red banana outputs. The regular output is 200 watts into 4 ohms. There is a biamp output that I am not using and there is a button that switches between "mono" and "slave" it seems to affect the output of the amp but I'm not sure what it does. I have the ampeg SVT 1540 cabinet with 4 10's and a 15. It runs 400 watts at 8 ohms, it also has the biamp inputs, but I want to run it in full range mode. If you can help with this from what I've described or if you are familiar with the SVT 400T please give all the help you can. Thanks!

Chance :ninja:
  2. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    You need to call Ampeg and get a manual.

As memory serves you have to use the center 2 banana jacks for bridged output (it is taking half the signal from each side of the stereo amp). I never ran mine bridged and sold it years ago so I can't be more specific.
  3. mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    I had that amp 10-12 years ago. The red bananna plugs are the bridged output and that is what you need to use. The head has two 200 watt amps that can be used in independently, biamped or bridged. I haven't had the amp for 10-12 years but if I rememeber correctly they are the options for setup. Someone else here was asking about a manual a couple months ago, you might want to try a search.
  4. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    ESP has it about right.

I have a PDF of the manual, where would I send it?

It's about 700kB, so if you have dial up it's going to take a while, but the price is right.