1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with ampeg svt pro 4 head and 810e cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Smite, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Smite

Smite

Oct 19, 2011
    I've been playing my svt pro 4 head with my 8x10 classic cab for about 6 months now with no problems up until a week ago. Suddenly has this blown sound to it with no punch to it at all. It sounds like its coming from all speakers so I assume its the head. I have wired the cable to mono bridge so it's not that.

I set volume as instructed by ampeg, adjust gain until red light flashes on heavy accented notes the I adjust the master. I noticed since the sound has changed I can have both gain and master volumes all the way down and the gain light is still flashing strong. About a month ago I installed a active pre amp in my corvette and it sounded great until the sound turned blown. If I turn my bass/treble to passive on the bass the gain no longer flashes when all the way down.

Hopefully my description made sense, tough to do on my phone with all this lag.

Thanks for any thoughts help. I'm in Orange County, CA if anyone knows a good certified tech I'd appreciate a recommendation.

Matt

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021