1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with Audere Pro JZ3 preamp installation

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bwest9, Oct 12, 2013.

1. bwest9

bwest9 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Hi folks… anyone have experience wiring an Audere preamp up with a Lakland 55-60? I have the two wires coming from each pickup… red and black from the neck PU, and green and black from the bridge PU. Can I assume that the red and green are the hot leads and the black is the common?

Any assistance is much appreciated thanks !

--Bob

2. FunkyMan

FunkyMan

Nov 27, 2007
    Yes, as long as the color codes are ok, black is always ground, the red and green are hot, i think that the audere preamp has some kind of jumper so you don't need to solder, just screw down the tip of the wire in it!

3. bwest9

bwest9 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Thanks Funkyman... that’s what I thought, just wanted to confirm with someone.

And so now I have the problem with the balance, when centered between both pickups, has a significant loss of gain and low end. When I switch entirely to either bridge or neck PU, it increases dramatically. But I'm not getting the blend... so I'm wondering if I’ve one something wrong or don't exactly understand how this preamp operates...

4. FunkyMan

FunkyMan

Nov 27, 2007
    Maybe the sound is like "out of phase" ?? (Nasal, weak)

5. bwest9

bwest9 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    I got it! Just heard back from Lakland... for the neck pickup, red is positive and black is negative. But for the bridge pickup, green is actually negative and black positive !

FunkyErnie likes this.
  6. 5stringthumpin

5stringthumpin Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Lacey, NJ
    I have a question, thinking of an audere preamp myself for my 55-60. Was the plate that came with the preamp a straight drop in? I have heard that some have had to take everything off of the plate that came with the preamp and install it on the stock plate to get it to fit. Thanks

7. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    They should fit in most of Fender cavities, however Squiers and other J copies may have some issues to fit it in.
    I got luck with my J copy.