1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with Avatar B212 Possible blown speaker?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ender21w, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Ender21w

Ender21w

Sep 18, 2006
    So ive been trying to figure out whats wrong with my rig---at first i thought it was my head but figured out its the cab. It has two speakers if you arent familiar with the B212, one in the top left, one bottom right. The bottom right speaker is fine but the top left speaker is messed up. No actual tone really comes out of it, it just rattles and makes a muddy sound, which gets worse and worse the lower i play. So im assuming this a blown speaker but i dont really know so what do you guys think?

Also how hard is this to fix/how expensive? I might be able to send it back and get Avatar to fix it but i dont know. Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Blown speakers usally aren't covered. New speaker probably around 100 bucks from Avatar directly.

Call Dave at Avatar and see what he says.

3. Ender21w

Ender21w

Sep 18, 2006
    Man that sucks. So you think its a blown speaker? I would have expected to notice it...like some loud popping noise at least. Nothing like that happened. Just kinda slowly got worse and worse.

4. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Is it Neo or Delta?? Pull it out, and see if the wire is just loose. That has happened to me before. That Neo cab only handles 500 watts, and that is pushing it. If you've hit it harder, you may have fried it. Check for the loose connection first.

5. Ender21w

Ender21w

Sep 18, 2006
    Allright thanks dude ill check. Its Neo in 4ohms and I am running a GK RB700II head through it.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021