Help with bad ass 2 bridge?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by smalltownriots, Jun 9, 2005.

1. smalltownriots

Jun 9, 2005
    Hi sorry if someone has asked this before, or if this seems a little idiotic, however, im getting one of leo quans bad ass 2 bridges in the mail. Ive got a fender Jazz mex standard, now i know its a "direct replacement", but i was wondering about setting it up?

Is it a case of just unscrewing the screws taking off the old bridge, then screwing the new one on and adding strings and wahey im off, or what?

is there other stuff i need to deal with? Basically can someone talk me through this.

Sorry to seem like a moron i hope you guys can help me out. thanks

p.s im terrified on ****ing about with the bridge because of that wire (the earth?) from the electronics under the bridge. Do i just keep that under the bridge when screwing it back on?
  2. sorry that i have no help for you, but aside from that.

what the heck is so great about these bridges. i hear everyone talk about how awesome they are and to me i cant see how they are any better than a standard fender MIA bridge. can someone point it out to me, other than the fact that you get to file your own slots and pick spacing
  3. smalltownriots

Jun 9, 2005
    ill let you know when i find out, my current one is broken (i won't embarrase myself in explaining in which part is broken, as i dont know the terms) so i needed a replacement, this was on sale so i got it.

If anyone could help me out here because i had no idea about fileing or anything :crying:
  4. Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    If it is a direct replacement, just remove your strings, unscrew the old bridge, screw in the new, replace strings, and intonate. The grounding wire shouldn't be attached in any way to the original bridge, so just leave it as is.
  5. aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    my son and I just did this to his MIM jazz. we took off the original stamped bridge, screwed down the BAII and then brought it to our local tech to get the saddles filed so the strings would seat properly. didn't want to chance messing up the saddles, since you only get one shot at it. we also do not have the files, so it was an easy decision to make. he charged $15 to file 'em. the reason my son wanted to make the change is that the original saddle height adjustment screws would vibrate loose and mess with his setup. he also likes the additional mass of the BAII. we left the ground wire just as it was. there's no reason to do anything to it. this wasn't a difficult upgrade and you shouldn't have any problems with it.
  6. smalltownriots

Jun 9, 2005
    thanks guys for your help you've all really helped me loads. i did post this as said on the setup section after this (sorry kinda new to this). Ive got an idea what i'm going to do now.