Help with Bartolini mme tri-coil Wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jmorbita, Aug 29, 2013.

1. I need help with wiring my bart mme tri-coil. I have the wiring diagram, but the diagram only shows the wiring from the pickup to the 3 position switch, but I don't know how should I go from there to the controls ( I expect to have a volume and tone controls, wired passive)
    Or am I missing something in the diagram?
    link to the diagram: http://www.bartolini.net/instructions/pickups/passive/mm/mme_instructions_multi_page.pdf

Is there a standard way for wiring from the switch to volume and tone, grounding and jack?
    I'm thinking of having 250k audio pots, but don't know if I should add a capacitor anywhere...

thanks for your help!

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    The ones marked 'output' are what connects to your volume pot. From there just use standard volume/tone wiring of your choice.

3. thank you bongo... still have some doubts though...

If you look at the diagram, page 3 shows the 3 way switch wiring options... there's a symbol that I believe refers to the ground, and then on one of the options instead of "OUT" there's a mark reading "HOT"... is that the same as out?

also, can anyone link me to any "standard" volume/tone wiring? I can't seem to find it...

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021