1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help with bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rycebag, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Rycebag

Rycebag Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    hey guys ive been really wanting the mesa mpulse 600 i tryed it out and i really liked the sound and was really sure on getting it..but my friend started to tell me about the ampeg svt 6 pro. I havent tryed the ampeg yet but i was wondering if any body had any experience with it and how do they liked it.

2. I've tried both in stores and the Mesa m-pulse 600 blows the Ampeg SVT 6pro AWAY!!!! No contest. It's been a while since I played on either one but I remember the tone between the two being somewhat similar but the Ampeg doesn't sound anywhere near 1100 watts.

I liked the tone of the Ampeg (though it doesn't sound much like a traditional Ampeg) but the Mesa is a lot louder. I know that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense (Mesa - 600 watts @4ohms vs Ampeg - 1100 watts @4ohms) but I'm telling you the Mesa is much louder!

Between the two I would go Mesa all the way!

3. Rycebag

Rycebag Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    yeah you would think with it being 1100 watts it would be a lot louder!!