1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with Basswitch effects loop(s) please

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Al James, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Al James

Al James

Jul 4, 2015
    So I have a Basswitch IQ DI which is a nice piece of kit and ideal (I thought) for use with Upright Bass and Electric Bass. However, I have an issue with the mix loop - I am using a volume pedal then an analog delay pedal but every time I turn the volume down on the pedal it cuts off the echo tails.

I have tried putting the volume pedal through the serial loop and also both the volume pedal and the delay through the serial loop but same problem remains. Is this an issue with the unit or the way I'm using it? You would think an effects loop would be set up for exactly this kind of use....

Can anyone advise please?

Al

2. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Are you sure that you're placing your volume pedal BEFORE the delay pedal in your signal chain?

3. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Also, I don't see any reason to use the "mix" loop with those pedals. Your delay pedal has its own mix knob and you wouldn't want to mix your volume pedal with dry signal anyway. I would use the serial loop for those two.

Hallic likes this.
  4. Al James

Al James

Jul 4, 2015
    Yup, the volume pedal is before the delay and I have the same issue in both loops..... I also know the volume pedal and delay work normally when used independently from the Basswitch. Any further thoughts?

5. Al James

Al James

Jul 4, 2015
    Problem resolved; mix level too low...... :0)

6. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Ehy even blend the delay if you wants to hear trails? The dry signal is probably covering them up a decent amount.