1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'Help With Cabinet Advice'

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mustBmtd, Oct 31, 2013.

1. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    Need help in knowing if these two cabinets will work together. From deciding on a possible trade offer. The guy is willing to trade a Eden 1x12 and a Bergantino 1x12 for my early model 6 string Tune Bass from the early 90's it's the ZI model. Only reason I'm considering is I wanna get away from just playing through the house system at church and need a unit right beside me that I can work with myself. Every guy at church that loves bass says the sound guy doesn't do a good job of mixing my basses, even the Minster Of Music says the same, As for my basses I'm using both an MTD and a Kevin Brubaker. Need your advice! P.S. I already have a Epifani Head but never used it Still brand new NIB. :help:

2. I would not pair those cabs together.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 it's always best to use identical cabs when you're pairing them up. Anything else is a crapshoot, and you cannot determine anything short of playing them.

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Get that amp out of the box, bring it, and play them. There's no other way to predict it. Play each separately, then together, listening from as far away as you can, and see if the tone loses any clarity. Volume does not equal tone.

Also do some dilligent searching and know the real-world value of all this stuff, should you need to sell/trade it if it doesn't work out.

5. If it is the Eden 112XLT, I would avoid that. Super mid bumped and not much else. Also, there are MANY versions of the Bergantino 112's, and they all sound quite different.

Quite frankly, I'd sell your bass and buy a cab that you have done some research on.

6. spz8

spz8

Jan 19, 2009
    Glen Cove, NY
    Those cabs for that bass? Never! I'd buy a cheap cab to hold you over for now (used Avatar 2x12... etc.), and keep that bass, unless you hate it. If so, as mentioned, sell it and buy something else after doing the cab research. Just my 2ยข!