1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with camcorders..........which one???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by g4string, Feb 21, 2008.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    OK, we need a camcorder........the problem I am having is deciding which one to get. I am up in arms if I should be looking at DVD camcorders or a hard rive camcorders. I am leaning towards DVD camcorders since I really dont plan on uploading a bunch of stuff onto the w.w.w. However, I have no clue as to which ones offer better resolution, ease of operation, and so on. Things that are important to me are

Price

Resolution

Ease of use

My budget is $500 +/- $100............Thanks for your help!!!

2. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    Sony Sony and Sony

3. If price and resolution are your priorities, take a look at MiniDV camcorders. They usually have better image quality and are cheaper than DVD. On the other hand, it's an older technology that's starting to lose popularity -- people just find discs more convenient than tapes.

Camcorderinfo.com is a great resource for reviews. I browsed there quite a bit before I bought one, and I decided on an Canon Elura 100.

4. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I don't have a product number, but I was talking with a Panasonic rep recently that told me of a new unit that recorded in 1080p, with 5.1 surround. All to a card. Retail is around $600 IIRC. I hate camcorders, and I'm thinking about this one :D

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Whoops! Just noticed your price range. Nevermind.