1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with center detent pots on EMG BQS Control

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ergbass, Oct 25, 2013.

1. ergbass

ergbass

Nov 26, 2010
    Argentina
    Hello!!!

In my bass I have 2 * EMG DC45 with the BQS Control. It has 2 tone pots that are center detent. They broked and I am trying to replace them. I bought 2 from EMG, but they are continous, I emailed them, and they say me that they only sell the common tone pots (without center detent).
    Anyone can tell me where can I find these pots?

Thank you all in advanced, and sorry for my bad english.

Ezequiel

2. What resistive value are they?
    Center detent pots aren't hard to find, but if you need help finding them a resistive value would narrow the results (seeing as I know nothing about the BQS control.).

Meanwhile, on the bay, there are these 10 KOhm Linear Taper w/ Center Detend pots available.
    These were of course just the first google result :)

3. ergbass

ergbass

Nov 26, 2010
    Argentina
    Thanks Bioweapon, but they are 25k audio tape.:bawl:

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I use these:

Go here
    http://www.bestbassgear.com/pots.htm#

and search for this:
    Noble EQ Pot (50K Linear Taper - w/center detente for active systems) - $4

My EMG BQS actually has 50k EQ pots..the volume pots are 25k. You sure your EQ pots are 25k?

5. ergbass

ergbass

Nov 26, 2010
    Argentina
    Now I am unsure about the value of the tone pots...I thought that they where 25k...So, 50k in the tone pots works well for you?

Thanks mmbongo

6. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Yeah maybe somebody else can verify but I'm pretty sure they are 50k EQ pots unless they've changed.

7. I'll see if I can find a diagram or parts list.
    Couldn't earlier. Teachers n stuff.

EDIT: Shouldn't the tone pots EMG gave you be the right value? DAT LOGIC.

8. ergbass

ergbass

Nov 26, 2010
    Argentina
    Hi, the pots are 50k linear. Maybe this post helps somebody.

Thank you!!

9. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-pcs-A50K...644?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a773478b4

These look like the exact pots that are soldered onto my EMG BTC and the VMC i had before, which is basically the same pot as a BQC/BQS. But these could be adapted to the Veriable Mid control that comes out of your BQS in a pinch. These are labeled as a dual stereo dual log 50k center detent. I'm not sure if you need that or something else.. but this is the same pot maker and type. I would check with EMG support, they are very responsive as well.