Help with choosing a new bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by entwined, Feb 1, 2005.

1. entwined

Jan 26, 2005
    Greetings. I know threads like these are repetitive. And people will tell me to play everything that I can get my hands on and pick what I like best. The stores I have in town only carry cheap peaveys and fenders, non of them have felt right in my hands. I am looking to spend somewhere around $500. I would like it to have humbuckers. I will be playing hard rock/funk, somewhere in the rock genre. Thanks in advance.
  2. entwined

Jan 26, 2005
    I've been looking at spector basses on ebay... Would this be a good choice to look at?
  3. Depending on how many strings you want has the Spector Legend basses right in your price range. They also have a much better return policy than most eBayers, so you don't have to keep it if you don't like it.
  4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Spector or Traben. I think Traben is coming out with a new model, and I havn't been able to try one yet. However, I've heard that these new models will be even less than what you are willing to spend.
  5. entwined

Jan 26, 2005
    Thanks for reccomending the Traben. After taking a look at the website they are just not my style. The spector legend basses on the other hand are catching my eye.
  6. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
  7. QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    I recently got a Spector Europe Rebop 5. I'm extremely happy with it.
  8. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    The Warwick Rockbass series are not bad. Take a look at them, too