1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with clean tone/effects

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassistloaded21, Sep 25, 2008.

1. bassistloaded21

bassistloaded21 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I didnt know what to put as the title for this one. But anyhow, im trying to see if somehow i can get both my clean sound and my effects sound at the same time. Im gonna be using 2 mesa 1x12's and a mesa mpulse. My idea is to have just the clean sound running through one of the 12's and then the effects sound through the other 12 so i can always have that clean thick bass tone even with my effects on. I hate the way that the actual bass loses its tone when im using effects. Any instructions on how to do this? Thanks

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    There are two main options:
    1) use a two-channel amp, with each channel driving its own speaker cab, and the clean and effected signals going to their own amp channel. (or two completely separate amps)
    2) a "blended loop", which is a type of effects loop that puts the clean signal in parallel with the effected signal, and you control the mix of their relative levels. If your amp of mixer doesn't have a blended loop, there is a kind of pedal called a "blender" which does that task. Search over in the Effects forum for a lot more about blenders.

3. bassistloaded21

bassistloaded21 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    sounding like the blend thing will be the best bet, i dont wanna use more than one amp, nor does the mpulse have 2 channels. thanks man. any more suggestions?