1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help with cleaning up (fixing?) my Mesa 410.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Visirale, May 1, 2006.

1. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I just got a mesa 410 from guitar center. Everything's pretty good so far, except on the ride home, I think the wind (I was in a truck) indented the speakers a little. I took off the grill, and I'm now in the process of trying to extract the speakers. It's harder than I thought it woud be.... the speakers seem kind of "stuck". Any hints on how to get them out without damaging them? There aren't any rips, so is it ok if I just carefully use my fingers to shape the speaker back to it's normal shape?

Besides that, I'm just going to clean it up. It looks like it hasn't been played for a while, and it sounds great with my ampeg svt350 head right now... and I can't imagine what it will sound like through the mesa bass 400 I just got on ebay.

Also, any ideas on exactly what model this is? It's a ported 8 ohm cab with a tweeter... the other one I looked at didn't have a port.

Thanks for the help.

-Ted

2. you mean the speakers are jammed in?

3. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Let me take a picture...

From the research I've done so far, people are saying to use a vacuum cleaner (yikes) or a piece of duct tape (gently attach it to the speaker and pull it back into shape). Do these sound plausible?

Attached Files:

4. Ah, i thought you meant the speaker had totally jammed in!

If its just the cone, i dont know, i wont make any suggestions, ill let some speaker orientated people answer this one!

5. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

would be to go to the Weber speaker site. The speaker addicts that live their would gladly help out.

Best of Luck,
    Wesley R.

6. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Bump.

I have the cab dismantled as I type this and I'm really trying to get this fixed. The vacuum I tried kind of sucks and doesn't make much suction. I'm seeing what else I have, but it doesn't seem anywhere near enough suction to do any damage.

7. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    It looks like the dust cover is indented. I've used a piece of masking tape or scotch tape in the past on the aluminium JBL dust covers and it worked. It should do so for this also.

8. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Ok, I'm not worrying about it for now. I read and found out that the dust covers don't have a huge effect on the sound.

Later on down the road, I'm sure I'll put in new speakers so it shouldn't be a problem.

It sounds pretty good now, but not as good as in the store. That's because I was using a SVT-CL in the store, and a solid state svt350 now...

I can't wait for my Bass 400 to get here :).

9. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    You're going to love your setup. I run a M-Pulse 600 through a 410 powerhouse and a modded SX :).

Me <3