Help with Cliping

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matt bass, Apr 28, 2003.

1. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Hi everyone im new here and a just have a little question to keep you all on your toes.

I own a Peavey TKO155 rated at 75W, it aint great, but I can live with it.

I noticed the other day that the cliping light keeps on flashing, and i was wondering how do i avoid this happening?

I have used the search, but i couldnt find an answer to my question, sorry if I missed it, but im new so its not my fault im an idiot lol

2. Usually the clip light indicates that you are overdriving your system with too much preamp gain for the input signal. It is likely caused by one of the following.

1. You are plugging an active bass into the passive input jack. To fix this, plug into the active jack.

2. You have the gain stage of the pre-amp turned up too high for the input signal your bass is feeding the amp. To fix this, turn the gain to 50%, and hit, pluck or slap your lowest open string several times as loud as you can play. If the clip indicator doesn't light, adjust the gain control up until it just does, then back it off until it the gain setting is as high as it will go without the clip light on.

It could be a combination of 1 and 2 as well, good luck!:)
  3. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Cheers mate, all is now fine and well.

Help much appreciated