Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with compressor and an envelope filter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Losi Boy, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Losi Boy

Losi Boy

Jul 21, 2005
    I’m currently looks for compressor and an envelope filter. Not sure which brand offers the best value for the money. I was looking at EBS Muiltcomp & EBS IQ bass , Aphex punch factory and bass exciter. Most of the music I play is Jazz, bluesy type and some typical rock. I can get a new EBS Muiltcomp for $150 not sure if it’s worth it.
    Any help would be great.

Rob

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    The EBS compressor is the best compressor I've tried and own, the Punch factory is good but you can use the ebs for multi band compression so you can compress the highs and low separately which is very useful when using a filter.

Filter's I'd recommend a search, I'm not a huge fan of the EBS Bass IQ never really hit the nail on the head for me, same with the EMMA Discumbobulator. My current fav is the MXR Bass Auto Q but I also have a DOD FX25 for when you need that really dirty sounding filter, but again your mileage may vary, the EBS Multicomp is easily worht the money, filters I'd recommending trying a few to a lot as each filter sounds different and I've found it hard to really recommend them unless your after a particular tone, like for example I want a harsh tinny filter with massive sweep and sub tone like you've never heard before buy the FX25.

Hope this helps

3. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I love my DODFX25 Filter. Cost me 20 bucks used and works just great. EBS makes awesome pedals and they just might be the ticket for you. Try them out.