1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with dialing in tone

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by shatterd, Sep 6, 2008.

1. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    I like the modern sound from bass. Like John Myung/Dream Theater etc. It's a warm dirty sound with a heavy low end. Also, the sound I like might be a bit compressed as well.

How should I put my settings on my L-2000?

Right now I have the pickup switch set on both humbuckers. I have the series/parallel switch pushed down toward the floor, and the active/passive switch set on active-bass boost(middle). I kinda like this sound, but would like feedback on getting it right for that modern dirty vibe.

I have a Genz Benz Shuttle and i tend to turn up the drive to get that dirty sound. It adds dirt but not distortion. What sould I do with the mids on my amp's EQ? Add a lot of mids or cut them out? I tend to like a lot of low end but still want to cut in the mix somewhat. Just think John Myung tone....for what it's worth. Seems like the L-2000 is fully capable of pulling it off.

2. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    For a modern pick-style grind, I use neck / series / treble boost on the L2K, feeding my Tech 21 Landmark 300 B channel: bass and treble flat, mids dialled in around 250-400 Hz & boosted to taste. Cuts through two guitars with no worries at all, and has plenty of bite without being too sharp.

c-

3. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    To achieve that kind of tone with my L-2000 I boost the high mids, with the para set right around 3:00.

4. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    Thanks!!!!!