Help with Eden warrenty.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Oct 25, 2006.

1. I hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

I live in PEI, Canada. A few months ago I bought an Eden D212XLT cabinet brand new on order. It came in but I was having problems, the store kept saying it was my other gear that was the problem. I finally took it back in and showed them that NO it was the cabinet.

-It farts no matter what the volume/gain setting/etc.
    -It has absolutely NO volume (like can't hear it over a light drummer if you are cranking 400w through it if you stand right next to it.)
    -It has absolutely no low end.

They plugged their Ampeg SVT2pro into it and confirmed my findings and said they would take care of it.

A week later they tell me they took it to a local amp repair tech to be "fixed". I am not sure if he is Eden certified. I recieved a defective piece of equipment, and there are only 3 ways I feel comfortable with things.

1) I get a brand new cabinet.
    2) I get store credit/money back.
    3) I get the cabinet sent to EDEN, and THEY decide whether it can be fixed or I get a new one.

I don't trust the store, or this amp tech. I also can't call Eden, since I work 7am-5:30pm every weekday. I am very uncomfortable with the situation and need your experienced minds to help me please.

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    The symptoms are those of drivers wired out of phase (one driver backwards). Try reversing the leads on one driver.

3. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Sounds a lot like an out of phase speaker. Any qualified amp tech should be able to fix this. You can't call Eden on your lunch break? Or drop them an email?

4. I thought of that the other day... and by then it was A)too late B)something I still am nervous doing, even if I'm capable, because of warrenty dealings in case I would be wrong. My lunch gives me just enough time to scarf down a bite to eat. I might do the email.

5. matt11

matt11 Supporting Member

May 19, 2006
    Montreal
    Go to the Eden Electronics Forum, sign up, and become a member (it's free), then post a message for Lance (in the title) in the "Eden General" section describing your problem. He will get back to you with a solution.
    http://www.eden-electronics.com/forum/default.asp

6. It's LANE Baldwin ...

7. +1 This is a very helpful forum - I'm sure it will get your problem sorted.
    That 212 should be an awesome cab - seems to be one of Eden's most popular.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021