Help with EDEN

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reg03, Sep 13, 2005.

1. reg03

Sep 13, 2005
    Hey guys,
    This is my first post here. Im in a loud rock band (something like faith no more I spose, hard rock with a touch of funk etc) and I wanna upgrade my amp. A have a hartke head n cab coz thats the best I could afford at the time. I play a korean spector. Anyway Ive stumbled across a Eden wt-600 roadrunner secondhand, what u guys think of it? Is it suitable for a hard rock setting? Ive done a little research and hear its warm and buttery, thats cool but I need punch as well and it to cut through, something hartke doesnt do well. Thanks heaps Id appreciate any input. By the way Il be upgrading the cabs as well with the head
  2. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I use the WT-400, and it cuts through the mix really well with my Fender Jazz. The last group I was in was a heavy rock band(we had breakdowns). I was very pleased with how it handled live shows, even without PA support. We had 3 guitars(one played guitar sometimes and keys sometimes), a keyboard, me and a loud drummer, and I still held my own.
  3. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne

just gotta be aware of the stereo amp thing

it wont do much power into 2 8ohm cabs (1 per side)
    it will do a reasonable amount into 2 4ohm cabs (1per side)

or from my understanding you can bridge it and get much more power into 1 8 ohm cab

great tone though.

is it a good deal? you might like to look at a new wt550, thats what i wanna get, but it will be more.

you pronbably knew all this already, i hope i'm not annoying you. hope this helps

4. reg03

Sep 13, 2005
    hey mate,
    well its $1500 so thats allrite, woul pay much more for it. Yeah the mono stereo things confuses me a bit to be honest, so how much power will I get with say a single 8 ohm cab, or 2 8 ohm cabs? thanks
  5. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia

hi, i'm not so sure, they should have the specs on the eden website in a discontinued products thing or something

but it works like the wt800.

it's 190 watts a side at 8ohms, 300watts at 4ohms

and 600watts bridged into 1 cab at 8 ohms.

EDIT: i corrected this outa the manual
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Nice post. Someone who realizes that it isn't all about who can be the loudest, but it is about mastering the art of cutting through. In most cases, you aren't going to win a volume war with a loud guitar amp. But, if you amplify the EQ just right, you'll be heard well.

On that note....get the Eden. I also had a Korean Spector and a Hartke amp at one time. I ditched the Hartke and went to an Eden. You'll love it, the tone difference is going to be amazing to you. What cabs will you be using right away, and what are you going to switch to? The cabs will play a major role in cutting through as well.

7. reg03

Sep 13, 2005
    thanks heaps guys. At the moment Im using the VX series, ****house. Ive got the 410 and 115, if I get the eden Ill prob go with eden cabs, not sure what exacly, maybe 410 and later on a 115 as well, or 212, and another 212 later on?
  8. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah! good point!

the eden xlt cabs have a mid hump that will help you cut through and they are efficient so you'll make the most of your power
  9. If you're talking hard rock, get an 8 Ohm Eden 410XLT and run the amp bridged. Forget the 15.
    That 410 has a sound that will punch through any mix and at 106dB it's one of the most efficient boxes you can buy (compared to a 96 db Acme that needs 10x the watts for same volume).
  10. Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    there is nothing an eden 410 xlt couldnt handle with 500-600 watts. not the lightest thing in the world but pretty darn durable.