Help with effects.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by minkis, Jul 18, 2005.

1. minkis

Sep 8, 2000
    Okay guys I have four effects pedals in this order Aphex punch factory-->Sansamp bass driver-->Boss Bass Overdrive-->Digitech bass synth/wah. one thing that i notice is that if i take the punch factory completely out of the chain is that the volume is louder than if it is in the chain and turned off. isn't this pedal supposed to be true bypass? Also when i turn on the synth/wah some settings, like the synth settings, end up clipping my signal. Could it be the order of my effects? I've looked around the forums and went by some peoples suggestions before setting it up this way. Also there is a compressor on my amp, eden wt800, but i don't notice a difference when it is turned on as too when it is turned off and i set the gain knob appropriatley according to the manual. this is why i was trying out the punch factory. how is the eden compressor different from the punch factory?
  2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Your Punch Factory's volume is probably turned down a bit.
  3. minkis

Sep 8, 2000
    I don't think thats the problem. When the pedal is off the volume knob should have no effect. when i have the pedal in the chain and turned off there is a noticable volume difference from when the pedal is not in the chain. I have more volume when the pedal is not in the chain than when it is. when it is turned on there is no problem.