Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with Ext. cab.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ichinumba9, Apr 20, 2003.

1. ichinumba9

ichinumba9

Feb 15, 2002
    CA
    Hi, anyone one have experience with the GK 700RB 115 combo? I am looking to add an extension cab to get the max wattage out of my amp which would be 380W and 75W. I am considering a 2X10 or maybe a 1X12. Some brands I have been considering are: Acme, Aguilar, SWR, or GK. Any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    go with the GK. It's designed to go with your combo, so it will allow you to run in biamp mode proerly.

3. ichinumba9

ichinumba9

Feb 15, 2002
    CA
    I heard GK cabs are not as good as the other brands that I mentioned. Something about them not using very good woofer in them. But I'm not sure.

4. I cant tell you what to get, but i can safely say that the Acme will not work well. I've heard that a Low B2 requires a minimum of 500w to have any kind of volume, 1000w is optimum.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    This all really depends on what kind of sound you want. I use Eden, and I really like the sound it gets. I really want to get a 410, but I'm not sure what to get either. Another Eden would be great. But Avatar has become an option. I've heard they're mostly punchy, and with a good single 15, they would sound good.