1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with fEarful cabs....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kuys, Sep 13, 2010.

1. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    I'm thinking about building a 1212+6 and a 12sub. What are the ohms ratings on these cabs? I've been pouring over the wiki's but I can't seem to find anything.

I'll be handling the cutting and building aspect my dad a life long electrician and speaker aficionado will be building the cross overs.

2. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    You're thinking too big. A 1212/6 is more than enough for almost anyone. Try that first.

Each woofer is 8 ohms. 2x12 comes out to 4 ohms. A 1x12 is 8 ohms. A 1x15 is 8 ohms.

3. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    Ok, I might do that but while your here I have a few hypothetical questions.

Has anyone built the 1212sub? I really want that brown noise low hit for some reason. I guess it might be due to my friends all having huge systems in their cars. But also I don't want to loose the 6 mid driver. Is that type of config possible? Like 12+6 and a 12 sub in the same box if I bi-amp?

Or would a headcase and a 1212sub config be what I'm looking for?

4. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    The 1212/6 is like a 12/6 and a 12/sub in one box with a higher quality midrange and less padding. Turn down the mid (More padding or turn it down at the amp) if you need to.

A headcase anda 1212 sub is the same exact thing as a 1212/6.

5. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    Awesome 1212/6 it is then.

6. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    Also would the Peavey ECS-3X cross-over work fine? It says any 8ohm fEarful cabinet.

Wait never mind, with the two 12 drivers it would be 4 ohms right?

7. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yes, correct. It would not work without modification. Build the fEarful crossover with the Duke LeJeune high pass for the horn. You won't regret it and it's not that pricey.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021