Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help with finger technique

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by basskiddanny, Aug 23, 2001.

1. basskiddanny

basskiddanny

Aug 22, 2001
    England
    i have used a pick and played the same style as Mark Hoppus ever since i got my bass. but i now feel that in some songs it would be better to use my fingers. does ne 1 kno if there is a website that has video clips or pictures that show you the proper technique??

Also is there ne sites that show you how 2 play slap bass??

Please dont post links to sites without either video clips or pics. Thanx in advance

2. does NE one wnat to read that shorthand, NO. if your that lazy with the keyboard, finger style will be tough.

3. basskiddanny

basskiddanny

Aug 22, 2001
    England
    You are such a jackass. I am better usin a keyboard than you will ever be.

4. basskiddanny

basskiddanny

Aug 22, 2001
    England
    oh and by the way, the word is spelt want, not wnat

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Now, behave kids ;)

I'm not exactly sure if there's a website with video lessons somewhere.

Get Alexis Sklarevski's The Slap Bass Program - it's THE BEST instructional video out there.

For web lessons:

www.libster.com

And as always: Get a good teacher, it'll cost you, but you get the most out of your practising.

6. basskiddanny

basskiddanny

Aug 22, 2001
    England
    Thanx JMX, im glad that someone actually answered instead of startin an argument with me

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    you are violating the usage agreement you agreed to when you signed up with talkbass. watch the language.

8. basskiddanny

basskiddanny

Aug 22, 2001
    England
    i was simply calling him an animal, thats not bad language is it???

9. basskiddanny

basskiddanny

Aug 22, 2001
    England
    besides, he started. why the hell are all you people teamin up on me, if he cant take a little offence then thats his problem.

Go ahead and block me mods, ill just get another name anyway, and even if you put an ip ban on then lots of AOL users will have problems.

10. whoa basskiddanny, hey i dont want to get into a heated argument here big fella. i just think its commom courtesy to spell out the words that you expect other people to read, my fine bass slappin' friend. we love all 4 string finger walkers at talkbass. --peace

11. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    it is here. if I called you the same, would you be mad? remember the golden rule.

slow down, big fella. First of all, no one is "ganging up" on you. As far as I see, I was the only one who mentioned anything. And though I don't moderate this particular forum, I don't want to see anyone being disrespectful on Talkbass.

no one said anything about blocking anyone. just chill out. I'm asking you not to be abusive to other members.

and it's "spelled" , not spelt :D

12. hey danny, nobody `s teaming up against you, dont be paranoic.. You`re going to the extremes.. Did anyone mentioned anything about banning you?

Dont you have anything else to do instead of wasting your time on those stupid arguments?

Why dont you calm down and dedicate more time on improving your fingerstyle , uh? .. :)