Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help with fret hand

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by steve09, Jun 29, 2004.

1. steve09

steve09

Jun 27, 2004
    Hi ive only been playing a day heh and i was wonderin if u guys could help me when playing happy birthday i get stuck on this bit G|--2--
    D|---4-0

I cant play the D4 becuase i cant strech my fingers from the G2 hehe i knoqw it must spund stupid but if sopmeone could advise me id be very thankful
    thanks
    steve

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Sorry - it doesn't get any easier that that!!

You're obviously doing something wrong - but without actually seeing what you're doing, it's impossible to say - it would be a guess at best!!

Get a lesson with a teacher - any decent teacher should be able to spot what's going wrong in a few minutes - but we might never be able to work it out here!! :meh:

3. steve09

steve09

Jun 27, 2004
    ive got a lesson booked this weekend and i can do it now better i think i just needed to exercise going from struing to string
    thanks though
    steve
    Oh and while ive got a noobie question pist i may as well ask another hehe
    u know that tune that gose doo de do do doo de do do that thet play for like a western when a guys riding a horse any one know the tab for tht hehe many thanks

4. Even though you described it very well, I have no idea what you're talking about. It sounds like you know the tune well, so you might make an attempt to figure it out. Knowing what you're trying to play is the biggest requirement for figuring out how to play a tune.

5. steve09

steve09

Jun 27, 2004
    Ok ill try