Help with G&L, por favor.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoeDaddio, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Hey guys, just one question here, hopefully one that can be answered pretty simply.

I have a G&L ASAT bass, which has the same electronics as an L-2000. My bass controll (knob closest to the bridge) almost acts as a sepperate volume. Now, these G&L MFD pickups are some of the most powerful and bassey I've ever heard, but the idea that if I turn my bass knob all the way down, it nearly turns it down so much that you can't hear it seems a little absurd. Could this be a faulty pot or wire? Or something else?

Thanks a lot everyone,

2. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Mr. Daddio stop it. Just stop it. I'm about to order a L-2000 next week. JK whaddya saying? The entire volume (it seems, right?) turns down? In both passive and active modes?
  3. haha. In no way am I downtalking G&L's! I love my ASAT, and I'd never get rid of it. But yeah, the volume goes down with the bass control in either passive, actice, and active with trebble boost. It's kind of strange. I dunno. I'm thinking about ordering another pot off the G&L website and replacing it, but I don't know if that will fix the problem.

4. justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I think the treble and bass pots are cut only. Does that help?
  5. Mine does not do that with the volume, just cuts the bass.

I'd replace the pot after checking connections....