1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

help with getting a specific sound

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by yungskiz, Jan 4, 2012.

1. yungskiz

yungskiz

Jan 4, 2012
    new york
    i need some advice on getting the bass sound of this song:help::

Capricci di Diablo - Yngwie Malmsteen - Rising Force - YouTube

its capricci di diablo by malmsteen, ive tried searching for bjorn englen's bass tone, but he uses a wide range of sounds, and most artists wouldnt be willing to post what all the dials are set at online anyway, i do know that he uses ebs amps, but that doesn't mean he used it on this recording.

im primarily a guitar player, so if i buy a piece of music equipment there's a good chance its guitar related. ive never played bass in a band, but i have one to fill in my solo recordings, i have some off brand bass, and an fx pedal with amp modeling as well as all the amps on line 6's pod farm program, so im not really looking to get an ebs amp or carvin bass.

the link i put up was to a youtube video, but it sounds like crap through my laptop speakers(which are fairly decent), so use headphones, the way i heard it(and the sound i want) was this really deep gutty bassy tone, maybe with some slapping to it? i know i cant sound exactly like that, but i wouldn't want to anyway