1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help with GK MB 212ii

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by badstonebass, Dec 18, 2017.

1. badstonebass

badstonebass

Jun 7, 2006
    ohio
    Recently went from a RBI driven amp to the GK. All is well... except

On my old rig every bass sounded the same. Which was great because I normally use an inexpensive hollowbody as my main bass. The fidelity on the GK is such that it actually sounds like a hollowbody...no problem other than it does not sound particularly great within my normal band setting.

I want to smooth it out and add some sustain WITHOUT loosing the versatiity and great EQ options. If I stick my Sansamp in front of it I feel I lose the personality of the amp.

Any ideas? Hope this is in the right forum.

2. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    The fidelity of the GK is the personality of the amp.

My recommendation? Your RBI has a blend right? Use your RBI into the GK, and blend your unaffected signal with the affected signal until you have the right balance of each's personality.

Secondary recommendation - I believe that the EQ controls on the RBI are post blend, similar to other SansAmp products. If that is correct, then try and use the RBI less for EQ and more for drive and the SansAmp flavoring. Given that the GK will be last in the chain, I'd recommend using that as the primary method of EQ if you go that route.