Help with Guitbass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by XtheDeadPawn, Oct 27, 2011.

1. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

May 24, 2008
    Texas
    For those who don't know a guitbass is a guitar tuned C#G#C# on thick strings with the rest of the strings yanked out. Basically it's a guitar that no matter where you fret it'll sound good.

The reason I'm building one is sadly I've decided to quit holding my band back and get a REAL bassist. However I just hate those singers that do nothing onstage so I decided to make me a guitbass.

To hear one in action here's the band that brought you it Presidents of the United States and their 90's smash hit "Lump".
    The Presidents of the USA - Lump - YouTube

Here's is where you guys come in since it's part bass and part guitar does that mean I can get by using my bass combo?

Or will I need to buy a Guitar amp?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    You could probably get by with your bass combo, provided it's got enough guns to handle the gig. A guitar amp would probably work, too, since you're not really tuning that low.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, I'd guess either way will work. haven't heard the presidents in a while...flashback.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021