Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with Hartke 350 please?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DUBZ, Apr 20, 2001.

1. DUBZ

DUBZ

Aug 28, 2000
    Can any fellow Hartke users please help me? I need a wiring diagram for my 3500 head,my tube pre amp doesnt work at all &the l.e.d's on the eq have never worked!!!Ive already had various faults repaired but i need a wiring diagram for these faults,ive emailed Hartke & Samson tech a few times now but they havent even sent me a reply,im getting a bit frustrated with this head now so can someone please help,Thanks in advance,Dubz...
    http://www.feelinfine.co.uk

2. Well for starters, the Hartke heads are mfg'd in Korea and they are on an assy line with robotic auto-soldering arms doing all the soldering of the electronics. Historically, Harke heads more often than not have quite a few "cold" solder joints which are very brittle. I know from experience with mine.

Sounds like you have multitudes of broken solder joints from the discription you give... sounds like what I went thru prior to having my head completely resolderd -by hand- by an ex samson tech. employee who did their in house diagnostic repairs.

Un fortunately I do not have a wiring diagram, but have you had a reputable amp repair person fully check it out? My guy hooked my 3500 head up to a couple of weird scope like machines and banged all over the insides with a plastic hammer while turning these knobs with wavelength type lines running across it. He said o.k. know I know where all your problems are. He did his thing and it has worked perfectly for over 5 yrs now with weekly usage.

Check out yr solder connections!!! Good luck!

3. DUBZ

DUBZ

Aug 28, 2000
    Yo Riz,Thanks for your reply ref Hartke 3500,I thought it was gonna be the joints after a tip when i first got the head,my stepdad is a tech & has so far fitted a new solid state pot & resaldered & wired some capacitors & joints etc,I told him about the history with the salder & i guess im gonna have to nag him to redo all the joints,once again thanks...