Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP with Hohner B2 neck problem

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by a3holerman, Feb 20, 2006.

1. a3holerman

a3holerman

Nov 21, 2002
    :meh: Hi,
    I have a Hohner B2 headless bass that I use as a travel practice bass. It was buzzing on several frets and I couldn't get it right. I brought it to a local guitar shop to have the luthier look at it. He replaced the nut as he said it was worn and too low. The problem now is that he has the action so high that its difficult to play for me as a relatively new player. Looking at the neck it seems that it has a gentle bow from the body to about the 5th fret. Then it takes a reverse bow, The truss rod seems to only act on the 5th fret area and lower. If I relieve the truss rod tension the reverse bow is decreased but it leaves a very big bow in the neck with way too much relief. IS there any way to fix this? I hope I have explained it well enough to get the gist of the problem
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    That certainly doesn't sound right and I don't know if it could be fixed or not. I've had a few problems with similar problems on Ovation guitars but I've never worked on a Hohner headless bass although I've played one in a store.

It may be beyond repair but bring it to a reliable tech and have him look at it.